Thursday 12 July 2012

King Strange Bird patterns



Every time I go to my mums I take these books of the shelf and stare at them - lovingly. 
They are King Penguins from the 1940's & 50's and inspiration for my latest obsession -PATTERNS! 


So yesterday I took these photos of them



I have been working on a few King Strange Bird patterns of my own - here are 3 for starters.
I've also made a box!! New packaging for my greetings cards - which will be in my shop soon.


 In the mean time I have printed the new colours onto linen and sewn them into beautiful bags. Available in the shop now!  Strange Bird Designs Etsy


4 comments:

  1. Oof they're spondabulous. I love that the poisonous fungi book looks so hallucinogenic. So these cardy boxes - are they note card thingies with your new patterns on? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes they are! Do you like them?? I need to make a few more boxes and get them photoed (oh that doesn't appear to be a word). Then pop them in the shop! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh, they are fabulous, you lucky thing to have access to such treasures. And your linen bags look gorgeous, well done.

    Lorrie :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave your comments and tell me what you think - about anything!