Monday 28 May 2012

A Right Royal Coronation Chicken

        Some of you may have noticed that next week Britain is hosting a Right Royal Monday.  Despite the fact I think the royals should all be striped of their titles and live in normal sized houses and sell some of their stuff  and share the profits so we can all live in a more equal society -  I have all the same jumped on the band wagon and donned a plastic union jack bowler in order to make a quick buck out of it all!

Me and my creative chums from The Make District.  Have a been hard at work making stylish diamond jubilee themed goodies for our stall,  which will be amongst all the other festivities at the Midland Hotel in Morecambe on Bank holiday Monday organised by the marvellous  Dottys Vintage.
The money we raise from our stall will go towards putting on some fantastic workshops in Lancaster over the summer.  So  - cheers Queenie! I have make a bird themed illustration in your honor.

A Coronation Chicken recipe
When I was 18 I worked at Smiths Sandwiches where I had to boil 6 chickens a day, some of which were made into that British classic sandwich filler -  Coronation Chicken.

Here is the recipe we used:
little bits of cooked chicken
mayonnaise
curry powder
Er... yum?

Also during this past month I've added some new designs to my Strange Bird shop  -  like these....















2 comments:

  1. I am standing up and whistling the National Anthem as I write. Huzzah for the Coronation! Chicken that is... WIsh I could join you at the Midland. Ah... Morecambe prom on a Bank Holiday weekend... Have an ice cream from the lady with the vintage ice cream van for me, why don't you? Have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do madam! Are you planning a field party - in your field??? for jelly and flag waving with the chickens? xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave your comments and tell me what you think - about anything!